Thursday, 13 April 2017

If we were having a cuppa tea ...

A blog I enjoy called Thistles and Kiwis, often has a topic called "If we were having coffee or even a cuppa tea..."

Let's play!

If we were having a cuppa it would be some lemon verbena tea (from my herb garden) in one of my Emma Bridgewater mugs with some Green Kitchen Stories oat ginger crisps

If we were having a cuppa I'd tell you that it's nearly been two months since I finished studying and I do not know what I have done in that time or how on earth I found time to study.... I have thoroughly enjoyed not sitting at the computer all day and instead have pottered doing odd jobs, cleaning, sorting, gardening and catching up with friends.

If we were having a cuppa I'd share how much I am enjoying Instagram. Arthur Parkinson's Instagram account is one I'd recommend you go and visit. Arthur is 24 years old and has chickens and a secret walled garden to look after as a job at Emma Bridgewater's factory. OOOH to visit one day... Imagine!

If we were having a cuppa I'd share how much I am enjoying the TV series This is Us.




If we were having a cuppa I'd share I'm nearly finished knitting the collar on my Georgetown Cardi. I'm the slowest knitter ever,



If we were having a cuppa I'd share that my current audio book is by Fredrick Backman who also wrote A Man Called Ove. So far I am enjoying My GrandMother Sends her Regards & Apologies.



If we were having a cuppa I'd share how the news is all about the weather , Cyclone Cook is about to hit New Zealand and is meant to be the worst storm  in 50 years. People who had booked their cats at the Farm Stay have cancelled and are choosing to stay home over Easter instead of going away - rather wise I think.




8 comments:

  1. What a delightful post Leanne. I would so very much LoVe to share a cuppa with you in one of your gorgeous mugs & try one of your oaty ginger cookies. I often make lemon verbena tea from my garden too!!! Yes we are all battening down the hatches for Cyclone Cook here too. Might be good crafting weather, certainly good for your knitting. Happy Easter to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day it would be such fun to meet blogger friends. I'm going to KAN in Napier this year - will you be there? Hope the weather missed you too.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Julie......delightful! So I'm on my way to join you for a cuppa and a yummy biscuit! I am hoping the Easter Bunny knows how to swim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I too would love a cuppa with you, are you going to KAN in August? It will be my first time to such an event.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post! Hope you're ok down there, Northland got off largely unscathed, but not so the rest of the country I understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it missed us, our ponds are nice and full which makes the geese, ducks and frogs happy.

      Delete
  4. we are all such fans of this is us! i hope you won't be hit by the storm?!!! glad you are enjoying your new free time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Is Us is super, has so many layers - totally loving it. Slowly getting into the hang of not having to do anything, but then I look around and have so much to do.

      Delete

I