Friday, 21 April 2017

If I was having a cuppa with you...

 Old Rose cup by Emma Bridgewater. 

If you came for a cuppa I'd have to know in advance as I keep no dairy milk in the home, but I could offer a herbal tea....
I seem to prefer hot water with a slice of lemon as my drink since stopping milk.  Substituting cow's milk for non dairy just doesn't cut it for me cuppa, so I go without at home and enjoy a treat of a mocha or cappuccino when out.

 If you came for a cuppa you would not often find baking done. Family members no longer eat gluten, wheat or dairy. So I'd pop some popcorn using coconut oil and serve it sprinkled with salt and pomegranate molasses  as a little snack.

 We would discuss how nice and cosy it is in the evenings with the wood fire going. Autumn nip has arrived.



 If we were having a cuppa... I'd show you my knitting... how it is not sitting right with the shawl collar finished and how I hope it will block out. I'd probably share that maybe knitting is not for me... unpicking wool seems a lot more work than quilting...Anyway it will be aggressively blocked before I knit the sleeves to see if it will be wearable or have to be frogged...

If we were having a cuppa.... no doubt we would talk about the TV series Poldark. I have so enjoyed it and looking forward to season 3. I've brought the audible book to listen to next. I remember my mum devouring the Poldark books as a young teen. I've never read the books, but enjoyed the original series and the new series was just as enjoyable.


 If we were having a cuppa I'd share how I took photos of lamb on sale in the supermarket this week to show Brent, (I felt ever so weird taking photos in the shop). Our freezers are full of homekill and were a bit blown away by the price of lamb (that was on sale). We have been trading our lamb for fresh fish from a friend who goes out fishing... treat for both families to have a change.




If we were having a cuppa... I'd say my plans for today is to move my cats into the Farm Stay cattery. We have no cats booked at the Farm Stay until 2nd June. A first for a long time with no families going away.

If I was having a cuppa..I'd show the Facebook page of Kuri Companion and how he has a pack of dogs walking off lead through a gate and past horses... Here is the link,

8 comments:

  1. chilly evenings? i'll be right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea and mornings... ba hum bug. You guys get snow which I imagine would make the cold well worth it.

      Delete
  2. Yes the weather has taken on a nip, I am pleased of course being a winter lover! Yes meat is very expensive, I grew up with my father doing home kills and days helping bagging all the cuts for the freezer.........now, well it is a very rare treat for roast lamb............enjoy your cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being a summer girl... I'm not thrilled re the cold...
      I'm embarrassed to say but by bottom of freezer we are over lamb.... I'm thinking of running a few cows... just gotta run it past Brent my latest Idea....

      Delete
  3. I am also a winter person. I brought a leg of lamb for $22.00 and will get meals for 4 people and still have left overs for shepherds pie and maybe one lot of lamb on sandwiches so I think that is not too bad. I also loved the first orginal series of Poldark but haven't watched this new series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dishing up is a tad over generous re the lamb compared to you. Know wonder the kids friends rave when they come for roast lamb. Oh do watch Poldark - well worth a watch.

      Delete
  4. Nice post Leanne. I kind of like settling into winter and just want to get it started although I will miss the blue sky warm days.

    Julie and poppyq
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie & Poppy Q, I'd like winter ti hold off just a bit longer still trying to catch up with the gardens. The days are yummy being outside that is for sure. Hope you got to see the aurora lights over the weekend

      Delete

I